INclusive! Evening of Conversation, Community-Building and Entertainment to Support Al Heggins
Time & Location
About the Event
It’s going to take all of us to flip NC House District 76 and send Al Heggins to Raleigh, so let’s have some fun while we’re doing it! Join Rowan County native Matt Leatherman on Zoom as he hosts an evening of conversation, community-building and entertainment to support Al Heggins for North Carolina. This is a FREE EVENT! All are welcome. Registration is required.
Check out this fantastic line-up!
- CNN political commentator and NYTimes bestselling author Bakari Sellers, a rising star in the Democratic Party and a leading voice for his generation. Bakari made history in 2006 when, at just 22 years old, he defeated a 26-year incumbent State Representative to become the youngest member of the South Carolina state legislature and the youngest African American elected official in the nation. In 2014, he was the Democratic Nominee for Lt. Governor in the state of South Carolina. Read his book, My Vanishing Country.
- Jillian Johnson, Mayor Pro Tem for the City of Durham and long-time community organizer and activist. Jillian was first elected in 2015 on a platform of racial, economic, and environmental justice, police accountability, equitable development, broadening democracy, and centering the voices of those who are most impacted. She won re-election in 2017 and 2019 and co-founded Durham for All.
- Carly Prentis Jones, internationally known theatre artist, singer, arts advocate and cultural activist. Carly is a proud Raleigh native who seeks to elevate social consciousness through the arts. She’s happiest when her two passions — the arts and activism — combine to create the most powerful form of expression, artistic activism or “artivism.”
- Matt Leatherman, an expert in finance and budgeting who uses his talent not to advance himself, but to benefit the common good. Born and raised in Rowan County and now a Raleigh resident, Matt burst onto the political scene last year when he ran for North Carolina Treasurer. He’s known for his insightful political commentary and will lead us through an unforgettable evening!
You will not want to miss Bakari Sellers sharing why he officially endorsed Al Heggins, and talking with Al about her mission to eradicate poverty in North Carolina. This is a conversation you will not hear anywhere else! Join us on Zoom Sunday, Sept. 27 from 8-9 p.m.
“Mayor Pro Tem Heggins’s commitment to marginalized communities is reflected in a comprehensive agenda that aims to tackle disparities that existed in North Carolina for far too long. She is unafraid to stand with public school teachers and has laid out a real vision to reform our broken criminal justice system. I am proud to endorse Al Heggins, and I look forward to her leadership in building a safer and more inclusive North Carolina.”
— Bakari Sellers, CNN political commentator and bestselling author
Special thanks to our co-sponsors Brandon Woodward of Charlotte, Tyler Craft of Raleigh, and Gerry McCants of Greensboro
- FREE Online INclusive Event$0$00$0